Monday, October 10, 2011

State of the Artist 10/10/2011

View halloo!

I'm sorry for the lack of update last week, it was rather hectic on Planet Kit, and I didn't have anything new to share, but welcome to a new State of the Artist update and thank you for joining me!


Weekly Words

The more I know, the more sure I am I know so little. The eternal paradox.

-James Clavell, 1924 - 1994



Current Project

I did end up getting a final scan of the portrait commission I was working on of Nakeisha, so I'll be posting the final pencil.




There are some small tweaks and adjustments to the curves of her cheeks and the slope of her nose that probably aren't noticeable if you're not looking at the original, but they were little things that were bothering me as I was working on it. Due to the extremely personal nature of this commission, I just wanted to make sure it was as close to perfect as I could get it.

My only hope now is that her mother can look upon this portrait and see only the joys in her daughter's life, and not the sorrows she could no longer fight.



From the Archive

More Than Meets The Eye
Completed: February 2008



I found myself struck by the desire to do some fanart for the first Transformers film that was released, but since I'm not a big fan of technical drawing, I decided to reboot the 'bots into how I envisioned them in human bodies given their personalities. From left to right: Ratchet, Jazz, Bumblebee, Optimus Prime, Ironhide. (No prizes for guessing my favorite Autobot. ^.^)

This is actually not a single image, but a composite of five separate inked and traditionally-colored drawings.

I really need to draw men more often.

Originals (A4, ink and marker, 5 separate character drawings): $60 each
Prints (8x10", giclee, composite image): $12


Near Future

As of this update, the only upcoming convention that will be showing my art is:

Necronomicon: Tampa, FL October 21-23

Right now, I've got 3 commissions still sitting on my plate to clear off before I can open up the queue to take new commissions of work on personal pieces I still have sitting on the drawing board. Those of you who have asked about upcoming commission slots, I thank you for your patience, and I promise to announce here when I open up the queue!

So, that's it for this week's State of the Artist update, thank you for joining me!


If you enjoy seeing posts of new or in-progress artwork, please consider a donation.


Become a patron of the arts!









Feel free to post links to this journal/community if you feel there might be interest in my artwork!

No comments:

Post a Comment