Monday, November 14, 2011

State of the Artist 11/14/2011

View halloo, all!

It's Monday, and that means, it's time for another State of the Artist update!


Weekly Words

That which you fear the most can meet you half way
-Pearl Jam "Crazy Mary"


Some of the best 3 minute philosophy is found in song lyrics.


Current Project

Thought I'd post some more of the Holiday Card 2011 reject sketches, since that seems to be all I'm coming up with at the moment... the reject pile is growing, and I really need to find something I'm happy with so I can get started on the final piece!

Clicking on the smaller images will take you to larger scans!







Not much to say about these, really, as they're all rejects for this year's images. Like last week's, there are elements that might end up being incorporated into the final project, but as of yet, I've no idea what that final image is going to be! O.o

***

Again, if you missed the original post regarding requesting Holiday Cards for 2011, please reply to THIS POST HERE! There will be NO unsolicited cards send this year, so if you want one, you MUST request one.

Donations to assist with the cost of card production or postage are always welcome, but not required!




From the Archive



Xmas 2005
Completed: December 2005

One of the very early Holiday Card designs produced for the request list when I was still working almost entirely digitally, so there isn't an original for this image. Even after all this time, there are a number of elements I like about this image. I have long been enamored with the Art Nouveau movement, and it has long been a presence in my artwork.

Original: N/A
Prints (8x10", giclee): $12
Prints (4x5", giclee): $6



Near Future

The near future sees me at work on Holiday Card artwork and commission backlog... STILL.

With luck, I'll have a finalized design this week so I can get it out to the printer as soon as possible, and make some significant progress on my commission backlog so I can get a new queue started. Again, thank you so very much to all of you who have been so patient regarding the wait for pending commissions and new slots for upcoming commissions, I truly appreciate it!


Well, folks, that's it for this week. Thank you for joining me for another State Of The Artist update, I do hope you enjoyed the work posted this week!



If you enjoy seeing posts of new or in-progress artwork, please consider a donation.


Become a patron of the arts!









Feel free to post links to this journal/community if you feel there might be interest in my artwork!

No comments:

Post a Comment