Monday, October 8, 2012

State of the Artist 10/8/2012

View halloo, all! It's Monday, which means it's time for a State of the Artist update! Weekly Words Dogs are wise. They crawl away into a quiet corner and lick their wounds and do not rejoin the world until they are whole once more. - Agatha Christie, 1890 - 1976 Current Project This week's post sees the second half of "The Eastern Star" WIP pics!
Done with the figure and border, and so now moving on to laying in the initial layers of the backgrounds. I decided to go with greens and golds for the fabrics. I wanted colors to contrast with the large amount of red I'd ended up using near the bottom of the image (again,) but not *too* much contrast... *** ... since I was going give the rest of the background a deep, old, oiled wood feeling. *** Last few layers of color for the fabrics and coloring in the sky background seen through the ship's porthole, results in... *** THIS! Original: SOLD Prints (8x10" archival prints): $12
Near Future Still on the commission streak... I've got one rather complex one sitting on my plate at the moment, and it doesn't seem to be cooperating much with me right now, much to my dismay. I'll be attending Necronomicon in Tampa, FL from October 26-28, so if you're in town or attending the convention come by, say hi, buy a print or commission something new! Thank you for joining me for this week's State of the Artist update, please feel free to leave comments to what's been posted or suggestions for new works! A LiveJournal account is not required to reply to any post in this journal.
If you enjoy seeing posts of new or in-progress artwork, please consider a donation.
Become a patron of the arts!
Feel free to post links to this journal/community if you feel there might be interest in my artwork!

No comments:

Post a Comment