Monday, July 29, 2013

State of the Artist 7/29/2013



It's Monday, and so it's time for another State of the artist update! Today's post includes new sketches, sneak peeks at the upcoming August Monthly Postcard Project original, and a poll!



Weekly Words

It is not knowledge, but the act of learning, not possession but the act of getting there, which grants the greatest enjoyment.

-Carl Friedrich Gauss, 1777 - 1855




Current Project

I've actually got a couple of Current Projects on the table, one of which I could use some input, so I'm asking for *your* help! Below, you'll find a few individual piece polls to help me put together a new, upcoming art series. If you've ever wanted to be an integral part of my creative process, here's your chance! Look at it like a "Choose Your Own Adventure" book (wow... does anyone else remember those?)

I'm putting together a new series of Art Nouveau pieces, in anticipation of attending a few new conventions before year's end, so I'm asking for help to put them together. The series will feature well-known comic book heroes (maybe villains, too, if I get the time) and I've done two versions of each of the preliminary heroes. Please, cast your vote for which version you'd prefer to see finished!

(Right now, all the candidates are members of the DC Comics catalog, but Marvel will also be included. If you've got suggestions for heroes you'd like to see, please let me know! Currently in the queue for Marvel are: Wolverine, Storm, and Gambit ... with a high probability of a Hulkling/Wiccan piece, as well.)


Batman:
Wonder Woman
Superman
Nightwing


TO VOTE, please follow the link to the LJ poll, HERE OR leave your choice in the comments.

Thanks very much for your input!



Monthly Postcard Project

Posting a sneak peek of the upcoming August Monthly Postcard Project original all set to be ordered on August 7th.



If you'd like to receive this card (and upcoming cards) in your mailbox, please check out the Monthly Postcard Project information page located:HERE!



Near Future

I've got an exciting abstract acrylic commission project currently in the works, and I'm also splitting time between the commission, the DC Superheroes Nouveau series, and the Monthly Postcard Project original. So, right now, I'm Busy, Busy, Busy!

I'll also be attending AFO in Orlando, FL August 16-18, so if you'll be at the convention, come by and say hi!


Well, I think that's all for this week's State of the Artist update here on Planet Kit.

I thank you for joining me again this week! Feedback is the food which fuels the creative discussion between Artist and Audience, please, feel free to comment or leave suggestions for new projects!


If you enjoy seeing posts of new or in-progress artwork, please consider a donation.

Become a patron of the arts!





Feel free to post links to this journal/community if you feel there might be interest in my artwork!

No comments:

Post a Comment