Monday, August 12, 2013

State of the Artist 8/12/2013

View halloo, all!

It's finally a SUNNY Monday here on Planet Kit, yay! We have quite an extensive rainy season here, but this year's has just been ridiculous, so I'm very glad to have the sun out for a while. But, it's Monday, so it's time for another State of the Artist update!



Weekly Words

Myths and creeds are heroic struggles to comprehend the truth in the world.
- Ansel Adams, 1902 - 1984



Current Project

I've been spending most of my time this past week working on this painting commission project, and after a panic-inducing moment of "Ack, what did I just DO?!" I am back on track, happier with the paintings now, and set to finish them before leaving for this weekend's convention in Orlando.

Yay!

That said, I've got a couple of doodles that I've sketched out while waiting for paint to dry. :)

*

LEFT: Random head shot with a floating antler-crown-thing? No, really, I have no idea....
RIGHT: Vaguely inspired by the Tibetan pika, mostly the ears... have you seen these things? They are so ridiculously cute...



Shop Silvertales

Zazzle is having a 15% off ALL orders, site-wide, today only!

To take advantage of the sale, enter code: 15MONDAYDEAL at check-out!

Shop the Silvertales store!



Near Future

This coming weekend sees me manning an Artist Alley table at Orlando's AFO! If you'll be at the convention, or in the area, come stop by and say hi!

Still waiting for news about a table at New York Comic Con, but I will definitely post if and when I hear news. It would be a new con for me, and I'm excited about the possibilities! (And the guests! My current favorite comic artist/writer team will be in attendance: Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo, the team on the current Batman run, along with Gareth David Lloyd and John Barrowman of "Torchwood")



Well, I think that's all for this week's State of the Artist update here on Planet Kit.

I thank you for joining me again this week! Feedback is the food which fuels the creative discussion between Artist and Audience, please, feel free to comment or leave suggestions for new projects!


If you enjoy seeing posts of new or in-progress artwork, please consider a donation.

Become a patron of the arts!





Feel free to post links to this journal/community if you feel there might be interest in my artwork!

No comments:

Post a Comment