Sunday, October 13, 2013

State of the Artist 10/14/2013

View halloo, all!


It's been a rather crazy week here on Planet Kit, so many Real Life interruptions! But, it's Monday again, so that means it's time for another State of the Artist update!


Weekly Words

A good night's sleep, or a ten minute bawl, or a pint of chocolate ice cream, or all three together, is good medicine.
- Ray Bradbury, 1920 - 2012



Current Project

There's not much to share on the Inktober front this week. As I said above, there have been a number of crazy Real Life events going on, but what little I've gotten done this week, I will definitely share!

* * *

TOP LEFT: Every now and then I'll go on a dragon drawing binge, where I'll just doodle dragons for days. They're usually very serious, regal-looking dragons. So, a comment from a friend prompted this cheerier little guy!

TOP RIGHT: My second sketch cover ever! This one for The Walking Dead issue #109. I've never drawn zombies, and they're pretty far outside my comfort zone, but So Much FUN! I've also discovered that doing stylized portraiture is so much harder than full-detail, hyper-realistic portraiture. >.<


The Walking Dead sketch cover is for sale for $30USD + shipping. If interested, please contact silvertales[at]gmail.[dot]com with "Walking Dead sketch cover" in the subject line.



Monthly Postcard Project

October's postcards arrived in the mail Saturday afternoon, so they'll be shipping out Tuesday, as today is a postal holiday.

If you'd like to receive original artwork postcards in the mail every month, or just learn more about the project, please visit the info page, here: Postcard FAQ.



Shop Silvertales

I just couldn't help myself, so I put my Walking Dead zombies on a mug for the extreme coffee lovers amongst us! Introducing Coffee Zombies!


Zazzle's current promotion celebrates Columbus Day by taking 14.92% off all orders all day Monday, October 14th! Use COLUMBUSSAVE at check out to redeem this offer.

Shop Silvertales



Near Future

This weekend sees me sharing a table with MCA Hogarth at Necronomicon in Tampa, FL. Come say hi, pick up a book, or some prints, or commission some original artwork!

Necro will be my last convention appearance for 2013. Once it's over, I'll be in the planning stages for convention appearances for 2014, hoping to add a few new cons to the schedule.

I'm also planning for the Holiday Card Project Request Post, so stay tuned if you'd like to receive a holiday card in the mail this year!

The next set of Comic Nouveau pieces (Marvel's Phoenix, Gambit, Wolverine, and Storm) are also on the schedule for completion, along with a new original piece!

Well, I think that's all for this week's State of the Artist update here on Planet Kit.

I thank you for joining me again this week! Feedback is the food which fuels the creative discussion between Artist and Audience, please, feel free to comment or leave suggestions for new projects!


If you enjoy seeing posts of new or in-progress artwork, please consider a donation.

Become a patron of the arts!





Feel free to post links to this journal/community if you feel there might be interest in my artwork!

No comments:

Post a Comment