Monday, November 11, 2013

State of the Artist 11/11/2013

View halloo, all!

Just going to jump right in with the fact that today is Veteran's Day here in the States, or Remembrance Day/Armistice Day, if you prefer. In 1954 Armistice Day became Veteran's Day in the US and the concept expanded to include veterans of all conflicts in which US troops had served.

The saying is true, freedom isn't free, and the sacrifices made by the men and women who have served, currently serve, and their families, should never be taken for granted. Coming from a long line of military service members, my thanks, my eternal gratitude, and my undying respect for all you do to protect the lives and freedoms of those at home and abroad.



Weekly Words

Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.
- John F. Kennedy, 1917 - 1963




Current Project

I feel rather silly posting this SotA at all, really, since the the Current Project is the Holiday Card artwork, which I don't reveal until after Christmas... O.o I know I promised the Holiday Card Request post was coming...and, it IS... I'm just trying to figure out a way to make sure it doesn't become a financial burden I can't handle. If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears!

BUT... here, have a random elf doodle! :)



Truly random elf doodle, on toned gray paper with white pencil for highlights. The more I work on these toned papers, the less I work on plain white sketchbook paper anymore!



Near Future

I PROMISE, the Holiday Card Request post IS coming....

As a result, the Near Future consists of:

-the request post
-finishing the Holiday Card artwork
-mailing out November's Monthly Postcard when it arrives this week (fingers crossed)
-completing December's Monthly Postcard
-making headway on the second set of Comics Nouveau pieces
-making headway on the newest personal art piece on the drawing board. (Pics to come!)


Well, I think that's all for this week's State of the Artist update here on Planet Kit.

I thank you for joining me again this week! Feedback is the food which fuels the creative discussion between Artist and Audience, please, feel free to comment or leave suggestions for new projects!


If you enjoy seeing posts of new or in-progress artwork, please consider a donation.

Become a patron of the arts!





Feel free to post links to this journal/community if you feel there might be interest in my artwork!

No comments:

Post a Comment