Monday, February 6, 2012

Work-A-Week 2012, Project 1

View halloo, peoples!

So, the Sketch-A-Day Project for January 2012 is over, now we come to the Work-A-Week Project, in which I will take one sketch from the previous month's project and bring it to a finished painting.

So, on with the show!


*clicking the thumbnail will open the full-size image*




The first of the Work-A-Week Project pieces is done! Woot!

This is the final painting for the Sketch-A-Day Project's Day 16. Since the original sketch was done on a tonal paper, this is considerably brighter than I had originally intended.

I suppose that's what happens when I rush and don't take the time to work up a color rough to see what kind of atmosphere I want to go with, but January ended mid-week so I just dived right in.

I might end up redoing this when I'm not pressed for time. I do rather like the dark background outside of the frame, though... :)



If you enjoy seeing posts of new or in-progress artwork, please consider a donation.


Become a patron of the arts!









Feel free to post links to this journal/community if you feel there might be interest in my artwork!

No comments:

Post a Comment