Monday, March 19, 2012

State of the Artist 3/19/2012

View halloo, peoples!


Well... what a week! More random Real Life obstructions to actually getting things done (namely a week full of some of the worst migraines I think I've ever had and a flare of head/chest crud that seemed to come out of nowhere.) But, I seem to be on the mend, so it's time for this week's State of the Artist update!


Weekly Words

Life is your art. An open, aware heart is your camera. A oneness with your world is your film. Your bright eyes, your easy smile is your museum.

Ansel Adams, 1902 - 1984



Current Project

This week's visit to the Current Project finds a recently completed (and long-overdue) commission. We both share a love and appreciation for the American comics genre (particularly the Bat-clan of DC) so I was more than happy to work on her requests!

*clicking on the thumbnails opens the full-size images*



First up, a bust of Stephanie Brown, once Spoiler, briefly the fourth Robin, and the third Batgirl.




The second piece is probably my favorite character to ever come out of the American comics genre, Dick Grayson (followed closely by Remy LeBeau) whether as Robin or Batman or Nightwing, I've always been a fan of the Dick Grayson character. He's been through so many iterations since his first appearance in 1940. My customer requested his newest costume since the launch of the New 52. It took a while, but the red costume is starting to grow on me. :)

Dick is quite bendy, being an acrobat, so it was something of a challenge to find a way to draw him that portrayed him as probably the only DC Universe character that would jump off a building simply for the sheer joy of falling through the air. That said, I have to say I am ridiculously proud of this pose... if I do say so myself. :)



Near Future

The Near Future finds me working on more of my backlog of commissions, while also trying to get some original art to my painting table at the same time. There are also a few projects in the discussion stages which are very exciting!

There is an art contest ongoing for Florida SuperCon. The first prize is a Visa giftcard for $200, which could buy some wonderful new art supplies and help replenish my dwindling stock of other oft-used supplies, and two VIP passes to the convention. If you have a moment (you do have to sign in to vote) and you like my submission, please consider taking the time to vote and spread the word. Thank you!



So, short update for this week, but I do thank you all for joining me and supporting my artwork!


If you enjoy seeing posts of new or in-progress artwork, please consider a donation.


Become a patron of the arts!









Feel free to post links to this journal/community if you feel there might be interest in my artwork!

No comments:

Post a Comment