Monday, April 2, 2012

State of the Artist 4/2/2012

View halloo, peoples!

More random life interruptions and minor family emergencies have cropped up, resulting in a lack of posting and a lack of recent art progress. You've all been extremely patient in waiting for updates and new art, and I do hope you'll indulge me just a bit more as I attempt to work though all these Real Life randomocities... :)


Weekly Words

Whether we're a preschooler or a young teen, a graduating college senior or a retired person, we human beings all want to know that we're acceptable, that our being alive somehow makes a difference in the lives of others.

-Fred Rogers, 1928 - 2003


Current Project

Unfortunately, there is no art to posted this week, but I do have a few projects on my plate. I'm currently working on some commission projects, but they are slow going at the moment.

I've been kicking around the idea of a steampunk major arcana project and the realities that would be required to make this kind of project come to life. I'm still doing some research, but it looks like a kickstarter project might be best for funding this kind of undertaking.

If you have any interest in a steampunk major arcana project, or know anyone who might, please feel free to spread the word or comment here.


Near Future

The Near Future brings more work on backlogged commissions along with art appearing at upcoming conventions. If you'll be attending any of the following events, stop by in the art shows and pick up some work!

SakuraCon: Seattle, WA
RavenCon: Richmond, VA
AnimeNorth: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I'm hoping to get "Tumor," one of last year's Sketch-A-Day pieces to the painting table some time this week. *crosses fingers*

So, a short post, but that's all for this week! I do hope you'll join me next week for a new State Of The Artist update!

No comments:

Post a Comment