Monday, July 9, 2012

State of the Artist 7/9/2012

View halloo, all!

It's Monday (not for long, though!) so, it's time for the State of the Artist update. Today's update is going to be short and sweet, as I've been totally bowled over by this particular bout of post-Con Crud. Unfortunately, I don't really have the TIME to be bowled over, as Otakon is in 2+ weeks, and AFO the weekend immediately following.... O.o

Anyway, on with the show!


Weekly Words

A man of words and not of deeds is like a garden ful of weeds.
-John D. Rockefeller, 1839 - 1937


Current Project

As I said above, I've been rather forcibly sidelined by this bout of Con Crud, so I haven't done much other than sleep and try to get printing done for Otakon, but I did finish the Steampunk Magician Tarot card commission sketch I posted last week. Yay!




I'm really rather pleased with how this turned out. It's not too dark, or overwhelmed by the placement of darks, but neither is it too flat or washed-out due to too much white space.

I put this in the mail today (which is later than I'd intended) but, hopefully my client will be pleased with the final result when it arrives on his doorstep by the end of the week! *crosses fingers*


Near Future

Hopefully, the Near Future sees me kicking this irritating Con Crud well in time to get some much-needed work done in time for Otakon. I was hoping to have something new done between now and then, and all printed up ready to go. However, that's debatable at this point. We shall see.

But... if you'll be in the Baltimore, MD area, or already plan on attending the convention, please come say hi, I'll be at table L13!



Short and sweet update for this week, but, hopefully I'll be more alert and kick this pesky Con Crud soon!


If you enjoy seeing posts of new or in-progress artwork, please consider a donation.

Become a patron of the arts!





Feel free to post links to this journal/community if you feel there might be interest in my artwork!

No comments:

Post a Comment