Monday, July 16, 2012

State of the Artist 7/16/2012

View halloo, all!

I'm squeaking in under the wire again for the this week's State of the Artist update, and I do apologize! It's also a very short update this week.

Weekly Words

Vanity is so secure in the heart of man that everyone wants to be admired: even I who write this, and you who read this.

-Blaise Pascal, 1623 - 1662



Current Project




It has been a ridiculously busy week here on Planet Kit, and between preparing for Otakon, still fighting off this lingering Con Crud, and the random vagaries of Everyday Life, I haven't had a whole lot of time to do much in the way of artwork. I did, however, get the preliminary inks for the lizard-like thing done, which is great. I can now set it aside to be colored when my next two conventions are over.



Near Future

The Near Future sees more con prep for Otakon, followed immediately by AFO in Orlando, FL the following weekend. *flop*

I have been mulling over the idea of a sketchbook kickstarter project, which, at the moment, seems more feasible than completing the Steampunk tarot before the end of the year, so there may be more on that score after the next two cons, as well, so stay tuned!

What kinds of things would YOU like to see in a sketchbook or artbook?


Thanks for joining me for this week's State of the Artist update!


If you enjoy seeing posts of new or in-progress artwork, please consider a donation.

Become a patron of the arts!





Feel free to post links to this journal/community if you feel there might be interest in my artwork!

No comments:

Post a Comment