Monday, August 13, 2012

State of the Artist 8/13/2012

View halloo, all!

I'm sorry for the absence lately, but with back-to-back conventions and the onset of lovely Con Crud, I've been rather keeping to myself lately.


Weekly Words

This man beside us also has a hard fight with an unfavouring world, with strong temptations, with doubts and fears, with wounds of the past which have skinned over, but which smart when they are touched.

- John Watson (1850-1907)

I had an entire exposition on this quote typed out and ready to post, mostly dealing with the crux of most people's personal issues: money; the lack thereof, the uncertainty of where it's coming from unless you have a reliable income stream available to you in one way or another (be it yours or a partner's,) etc, but it stressed me out too much to actually post.

At the end of the day, we are all walking hard roads and dealing with problems, be they money-related, health-related, family-related, or any combination thereof... and in many cases, we don't know the extent of others' problems.


Current Project

Coming home off back-to-back conventions has resulted in being walloped by Con Crud of the highest order, so unfortunately, I'm rather delayed in projects I've had on the table. I do have a handful of commissions from these recent conventions to complete, so, I'm hoping that marathoning tea, soup, and sleep will help me get back on track as soon as possible.

That said, my next personal project I hope to post is the progress post of The Eastern Star:




Please let me know if you'd like to see the progress post of the above piece as I work on it!


Near Future

The Near Future sees a break in to-attend conventions until mid-October (I think.)

I hope to have more art projects to post in the meantime, along with still working on logistics for the 2012 Sketch-A-Day Sketchbook Kickstarter project people seemed excited about a few months ago. I do hope the enthusiasm for this project can be maintained and spread to the point of funding the book, as I'd love to have a published book of my art/sketches.

Please let me know if you're still interested in seeing the Sketchbook project come to life!

If you enjoy seeing posts of new or in-progress artwork, please consider a donation.

Become a patron of the arts!





Feel free to post links to this journal/community if you feel there might be interest in my artwork!


No comments:

Post a Comment