Monday, April 8, 2013

State of the Artist 4/8/2013

View halloo, all!

It's Monday, so it's time for another State of the Artist update!


Weekly Words

There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer.

-Ansel Adams, 1902 - 1984

In every endeavor, the viewer is always a participant. Your experiences color the way you view the world, and the way you respond to every creative work; your likes and dislikes, your passions, your fantasies and fears.



Monthly Postcard Project

April's postcard painting is done and waiting to ship from the printer! (whew!) Every month subscribers to the postcard project get first crack at buying the monthly postcard project original painting, but now, February's card painting is now open to the general public.

February 2013 Monthly Postcard Painting


Our cheerful satyr coaxes magic from the very air as he plays his flute. The original painting measures 6x8" and is coffee, ink, and watercolor.

The original painting is $35 USD (+$6 for domestic US delivery or $10 for international delivery)


Current Project

Unfortunately, I didn't end up transferring Day 31 to paper for working on the final piece, but between random Real Life running around, making sure my taxes are all in order, and commission work, I was very busy this past week.

The Moleskine commissions I offered two weeks ago were snapped up, much to my surprise and pleasure, and I will definitely be offering them again! The books I'd found were the blank sketchbook type, but if more people prefer lined pages, I'll do my best to scout those out for future book cover commissions. Let me know!

Two of my Moleskine commission clients agreed to let me post pictures of their cover projects before they received them, while my third prefers I wait until she received it in the mail. I can totally understand the desire to be surprised, and as it takes a little longer to reach Australia from my home in the US, I hope to be posting that third and final cover soon.

First cover commission: request for Fili and Kili from The Hobbit (as played by Aidan Turner and Dean O'Gorman)



* * *

Second cover commission: a 50th Anniversary-inspired Doctor Who wraparound cover



I have a series of 6 head/bust shots still on my commission list, but once those are done, it's on to painting Day 31 and opening up a few more commission slots!


Near Future

The Near Future finds the last of my current commission queue under way, along with preparing artwork for mail-in conventions and scouting out possible new convention venues for my work.

If you attend or know of a convention where you'd like to see my work, or think it might be well-received, please let me know! If I can, I'd like to attend more conventions, as opposed to mailing in, as I always love to talk with possible customers face to face and meet new artists!

I know I keep saying there will be a post regarding the sale of Sketch-A-Day 2013 originals, and there will be... promise! Soon! Along with new Work-A-Week 2013 new Zazzle products. So, keep an eye out. :)


Thanks again for joining me for another State of the Artist update!

If you enjoy seeing posts of new or in-progress artwork, please consider a donation.

Become a patron of the arts!





Feel free to post links to this journal/community if you feel there might be interest in my artwork!

No comments:

Post a Comment