Monday, April 1, 2013

State of the Artist 4/1/2013

View halloo, all!

It's Monday, so it's time for another State of the Artist update! It's the beginning of April... where *does* the time go?

Weekly Words

The noblest pleasure is the joy of understanding.
- Leonardo da Vinci, 1452 - 1519


Current Project

Thank you very much for taking the time to vote in the poll I posted last week!

The poll closed at midnight last night, and the winner was:



I had no idea she'd be so popular!

I still need to figure out how to make her a cohesive image, rather than just her floating in a dead space, but once I do, she'll be the next project on the drawing board!

I've completed 2 of the 3 requested Moleskines and they are on their way to their respective commissioners, so I'll post the cover images when they arrive at their destinations. You know, so as not to spoil the surprise. :)

I have one more cover to complete and handful of bust commissions, and I should be able to take on a another three Moleskine covers if the interest is still there.


Near Future

The Near Future sees that information page for the Sketch-A-Day originals, promise! Last week there just wasn't the time I'd been hoping for to get that done. So, if you'd like to own one of the Sketch-A-Day 2013 originals, be on the lookout for that post!

With the closing of last week's poll, Day 31 will also be started in the Near Future, along with convention mail-in preparation.

Short update this week, but again, thank you for voting in the poll and joining me for another State of the Artist update!

If you enjoy seeing posts of new or in-progress artwork, please consider a donation.

Become a patron of the arts!





Feel free to post links to this journal/community if you feel there might be interest in my artwork!

4 comments:

  1. There's just something about her that speaks to us, I think. At least, she does to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad she does, now to figure out how to transfer her to something to finish. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, B! I hope I can keep that quality about her when I translate her to color!

      Delete