Monday, March 25, 2013

State of the Artist 3/25/2013

View halloo, all!

It's Monday, so welcome to another State of the Artist update!


Weekly Words

It is better to write for yourself and have no public than write for the public and have no self."

-Cyril Connolly (1903-1984)

It has taken a long time to learn to appreciate this sentiment for what it is, the truth that regardless of how well-received your creative endeavors may be, if they are received at all, the most important thing is that you create for yourself, not others. Not their derision or their adulation. Some create simply for shock value, and that has it's time and purpose, but it loses value or meaning over time.

I think this can easily apply to all creative endeavors. When we create, we infuse everything with something of ourselves: hopes, dreams, fears, aspirations, some sort of kernel that is central to who we are, and when there is silence we pack our souls in one more layer of concealment.


Current Project

At the moment, the Current Project is making my way through outstanding commissions. I have one left over from MegaCon that I'm discussing with my client, and it's going well. The Moleskine cover commissions I put up the other day have already been snapped up, and I'm excited to see the idea was quite popular!

To the "Anon" who claimed a Moleskine commission, please contact me at silvertales [at] gmail [dot] com to go over payment details and the specifics of your commission idea, thank you!

I need to get April's postcard image squared away, and there should be new Zazzle products coming over the course of the week, so be on the lookout for those! As always, should there be any coupons or savings offered that apply to any items I've listed at Zazzle, I'll be sure to let you all know!

I'll be uploading the information for purchasing 2013 Sketch-A-Day originals in the next few days, so stay tuned for that, too, if you'd like to own any of the project sketches.


Near Future

The Near Future should see the completion of outstanding commissions, along with preparing for upcoming mail-in conventions. I've got a maybe-appearing-at convention coming up, just not entirely sure of the details, but I will definitely keep you posted.


Thank you for joining me for another State of the Artist update!

If you enjoy seeing posts of new or in-progress artwork, please consider a donation.

Become a patron of the arts!





Feel free to post links to this journal/community if you feel there might be interest in my artwork!

No comments:

Post a Comment