Monday, June 10, 2013

State of the Artist 6/10/2013

View halloo, all!

For the first time in about 3 1/2 weeks, it's not raining! Don't get me wrong, I like rainy weather (well, as long as I'm inside and don't have to drive anywhere in it,) there's something comforting about the patter of rain, but I'm thrilled to have finally have a sunny day!

And, so, it's Monday, and that means it's time for this week's State of the Artist update!



Weekly Words

Courtesy is the one coin you can never have too much of or be stingy with.
- John Wanamaker, 1838 - 1922



Current Project

Well, now that the abstract painting is out the door, I can post a project I've had waiting in the wings for a while now. This is a book cover illustration worked up for release at the end of the month.



The commission is ink, marker, and white ink at 6x9". I was pretty excited to play around with this one, as my client gave me some great direction, but still let me loose to play. :)



Monthly Postcard Project

June's postcards have been ordered and shipped, so those will soon be at my door and ready for mailing! For my 6 month domestic and international subscribers, this will be your last postcard of the project unless you wish to renew your subscription, which can be done here: HERE.

Thank you for believing, supporting, and taking the step to sign up for this new project!

Also the posting of the April 2013 postcard painting:



The original painting of a lounging dark elf priestess and her fluffy, wolfy avatar is watercolor, ink, and gold ink on 5x8" multimedia paper.

The original is $35USD + $6USD for domestic shipping, or $9USD for international shipping.

If you're enjoying postings of the postcard pieces, please consider subscribing to the project. For the price of one coffeehouse coffee every month, you'll receive a brand new, original and exclusive artwork postcard in your mailbox, with a handwritten note from the artist. There are 3, 6, and 12 month domestic and international subscription options.

If you'd like more information, or to subscribe, please check out the information page, HERE!



Shop Silvertales

Zazzle is having a great Father's Day sale on ALL of their products, site-wide, through Tuesday! If you'd like to take advantage of the Father's Day sale to grab a few goodies for those great dads in your life, head on over to the shop: HERE and enter 15PROMOONALL during the checkout process. Remember, sale ends Tuesday and can be used for orders from any Zazzle store!



Near Future

The Near Future sees me prepping for a couple of pretty big commission projects at the same time as prepping for Florida SuperCon next month, here in Miami, FL over 4th of July weekend.

That's a lot of prepping... and not much arting. Yes, arting is a word. Well... it is on Planet Kit. :)


Well, I think that's all for this week's State of the Artist update here on Planet Kit.

I thank you for joining me again this week! Feedback is the food which fuels the creative discussion between Artist and Audience, please, feel free to comment or leave suggestions for new projects!


If you enjoy seeing posts of new or in-progress artwork, please consider a donation.

Become a patron of the arts!





Feel free to post links to this journal/community if you feel there might be interest in my artwork!

No comments:

Post a Comment