Monday, December 3, 2012

State of the Artist 12/3/2012

View halloo, all!

It's Monday, which means it's time for another State of the Artist update! :)

Just an announcement, there will not be a State of the Artist update for Monday, December 10th, as a family get-together will take me away from the Intarwebz. A week without internet, or my cat... yikes!

 

Weekly Words

There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer. - Ansel Adams 1902-1984

The artist is always in everything they produce, no matter how they try to divorce themselves from their work, or claim they do. There is always a piece of their soul in every piece, a piece they put on display for all the world to see.

 

Current Project

I've got commission projects on my plate through the end of the year, so they are taking up most of my time at the moment.

Holiday Cards are addressed and signed, and in the mail today! Whew!

US residents should be receiving their cards by the end of the week at the latest, while most international residents should have them by the end of next week (barring any local postal holidays in your country of residence.)

I'll be posting the card image when I return from the family vacation, on Monday, December 17th, for people who didn't request cards, and I'll be making the original image available for purchase for anyone who'd like to have the original artwork.

After Christmas, I'll be making the cards available for order on Zazzle, too!

 

Shop Silvertales

Shop Silvertales

Last week's Perfect Gentlephalopod now has a friend! He's the Perfect Pachiydentleman!

Resplendent in his best suit and waistcoat, this very proper pachyderm pours a perfect cuppa! Like the Perfect Gentlephalopod, he's on mugs, t-shirts, cards, and various phone/eReader skins and cases. He, and the octopus gent, really look great on the black shirts!

I'm having too much fun with these little Victorian-esque animal doodles....

 

Near Future

At the moment, I'm mostly gearing up for January's Sketch-A-Day project and the launch of the Postcard Subscription Service!

I'm super-excited about the postcard service, the idea of sending a little bit of Real Mail that isn't a bill or junk mail to people with new and exclusive art makes me very happy! I hope people who sign up will be excited about it, too!

If you'd like to know more about the subscription service and options, or to sign up, check out the permanent page here: Postcard Subscription Service Page!

 

Conventions and Appearances

I'll be attending:

OhayoCon in Columbus, OH January 18-20 (which will interrupt the Sketch-A-Day Project, but only briefly and I'll just upload those days sketches when I return) so, if you'll be at the con come by and say hi, buy your favorite prints, or commission something original! :)

I'll put up a list of conventions I'll be sending art to their Art Shows via mail-in once I've gotten all those squared away.

 

If you enjoy seeing new project or sneak peeks at WIP photos, please consider a donation!

Become a patron of the arts!

 

Thank you for joining me for another State of the Artist update.

No comments:

Post a Comment