Monday, December 24, 2012

View halloo, all!

It's Monday, which means it's time for another State of the Artist update! :) It's also December 24th, otherwise known in my house as Nochebuena. I wish you all the Merriest of Christmases, and may the sentiments of the holiday follow you always.

I'm so sorry I missed last Monday's post! After returning from the family trip on Saturday, the 15th, I ended up being laid out by a whopper of a virus that I must have caught towards the end of the trip.

 

Weekly Words

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.

- Marilyn Monroe (1926-1962)

We are all of us imperfect, and those imperfections shape how the world sees us and how we see ourselves. In turn, we evolve based on our journey through life, how others approach us, what they say to us and what they say about us. No one is an island of self-confidence without first being tested by the fires of outside influence.

 

Holiday Cards

I've had little notes from a number of people that they've received their holiday cards in the mail, so I'm going to go ahead and post the card design that went out this year. For those of you who may have missed the sign up deadline, or simply decided not to request a card this year, this was the 2012 Silvertales Holiday Card design:

The final card artwork is 9x12" mixed media on vellum surface bristol (which is a JOY to work on with quick drying media like alcohol-based inks! The blends are so smooooooooth!) If you'd like to own the original, it's available for $150. Please email to silvertales @ gmail . com (remove spaces) if interested!

 

Current Project

Whooo... currently, I'm still getting over being sick. I'm at the worn out and tired recovery stage, and slowly, but surely getting back to running on full steam.

Currently, I have commissions to get back to now that I can stay awake more than an hour at at time and my head doesn't feel stuffed full of cotton all the time anymore... I have thumbnails and progress-sketches to get to people. That's first on the list of things To Do today.

I did take a few pictures while on the 2012 family Pirates of the Backyard cruise, and if people are interested, I'll work up a picture post and "report" of the trip! I wish I'd taken more pictures... hopefully, I can borrow some from my aunt and uncle who likely took entire memory cards full of images. :)

 

Near Future

First announcement for Near Future projects is the upcoming 2013 Sketch-A-Day Project! Starting January 1st, I'll begin posting one sketch a day for the entire month. There will be a slight interruption for a few days as I'll be attenting OhayoCon for the first time this year, and it is January 18-20th, so I won't be posting from 1/17-1/21 but I'll batch upload those days sketches when I get back home and thaw out. As a South Florida native, I'm definitely going to have bundle up for that one!

On December 26th, I'll be posting a Call for Prompts post for the Sketch-A-Day project, so if there's anything in particular you want to see (or even the reapparance of a character I've drawn in the past) that will be the post to leave your suggestions!

The Near Future also sees the lauch of the Monthly Postcard Subscription Service! For no more than the cost of two snazzy coffees a month, you can get a postcard delivered to your mailbox featuring new and exclusive artwork! The postcards will be a random assortment of themes, subjects, and media... one month could be a botanical watercolor study and the next could be an abstract! There are multiple subscription options available for US and international residents. If you'd like to know more, or sign up, please visit the Subscription Page found here for information!

 

Conventions and Appearances

I'll be attending the following conventions:

OhayoCon Columbus, OH January 18-20 and MegaCon Orlando, FL March 15-17

If you'll be attending either con, come stop by the table and say hi, pick up prints of your favorite pieces, or commission something original just for you!

 

If you enjoy seeing new project or sneak peeks at WIP photos, please consider a donation!

Become a patron of the arts!
Thank you for joining me for another State of the Artist update.

No comments:

Post a Comment