Monday, May 6, 2013

State of the Artist 5/6/2013

View halloo, all!

It's another Monday, so it's time for a State of the Artist update!


Weekly Words

As our eyes grow accustomed to sight they armour themselves against wonder.
- Leonard Cohen (1934- )


Every day we take the amazing, the breathtaking, the stunning for granted. We walk by the intricate delicacy of a flower, the ingenuity and industriousness of the honeybee, the dazzling web of stars in a night sky, the or even the simple mechanics of taking a breath. When we contemplate losing that, we can rediscover the wonder of the world around us.


Current Project

Right now, I'm dividing my time between a commission and the Monthly Postcard Project painting.

I am failing at the latter, unfortunately, having scribbled out (and rejected) at least a dozen drawing ideas in the last few days alone. There's a certain kind of frustration in not being able to translate the Very Clear Image in your head onto paper. >.< I did, however, turn out a random doodle that those of you who followed the January 2013 Sketch-A-Day Project may find familiar (after a fashion): For some strange reason, I was compelled to draw out a chibi version of the horned creature from Sketch-A-Day Day 3:



... and this is what came out...



... it removed some of his impressive stature seeing him as the equivalent of a toddler. But, hey, I don't question inspiration when it happens.


Near Future

The Near Future sees me racing to complete this month's Monthly Postcard Project painting, as I am woefully behind schedule.

If you'd like more information about the Monthly Postcard Project, where you will receive original artwork postcards exclusive to this project in the mail for 3,6, or 12 months, please read up on the project, or sign up, HERE!

I've purchased some more blank cover Moleskine notebooks, the brown paper covers this time, and I'll be opening up cover commissions soon, so stay tuned for that!



Convention Announcement

Unfortunately, I am sad to say that I will not be attending Otakon in Baltimore, MD later this year.

I know I see a lot of people who follow this journal at Otakon, but I did not get a table in the lottery draw this year, so I will be unable to attend.

Please, if you have conventions you enjoy attending, let me know! I'm always looking for new venues and new places to display my artwork!


Thanks for joining me for another State of the Artist update!

If you enjoy seeing posts of new or in-progress artwork, please consider a donation.

Become a patron of the arts!





Feel free to post links to this journal/community if you feel there might be interest in my artwork!

No comments:

Post a Comment