Monday, December 16, 2013

State of the Artist 12/16/2013

View halloo!!

It's yet another Monday here on Planet Kit, and so it's time for another State of the Artist update!


Weekly Words

A child's attitude toward everything is an artist's attitude.

-Willa Cather, 1873 - 1947



Current Project

Current project, now that the Holiday Cards are in the mail (on their way to me) is gearing up for January's Sketch-A-Day project, and some tiny thumbnail doodles for two commission projects.

But, I do have a small doodle that I worked up while sitting in the doctor's office waiting room.



I'd started the lines for this doodle a while ago, but never got around to finishing it, but sitting in a waiting room is the perfect place to get half-done doodles finished! I was also delighted when I met the new Physician's Assistant, before seeing my doctor, to find he was a huge comics/sci-fi/fantasy fan... and during the routine Q&A and taking vitals and all, we watched movie trailers on YouTube on the exam room computer. I love my doctor's office. :)




Shop Silvertales

Christmas is right around the corner, and there's still time to take advantage of the deals and discounts available on Zazzle for products featuring original artwork! Pick up a Coffeeeee Zombieeees" mug for a friend, or a Polar Bears in SPAAACE tshirt for yourself, all for 15% off!

Use code LASTCHANCE15 at check out to take advantage of the offer, valid through 11:59pm, Pacific Time, December 16th.

Shop Silvertales



Monthly Postcard Project

The December postcards for the inaugural year of the Monthly Postcard Project have all been mailed, and so that marks the end of the first year of the Monthly Postcard Project experiment! Whew!

I enjoyed the project, and had some wonderful feedback from subscribers, that I'll be continuing the project for 2014.

If you'd like more information, or to sign up for the project, please check out the info page: HERE. Subscriptions are available in 12, 6, and 3 month options, both domestic US and international.



Near Future

We're coming up on the end of another year, and so, as we approach January, that means I'm preparing for the Sketch-A-Day project for 2014! There's 31 sketches in 31 days to get done, so if you have any themes you'd like to see me try to tackle, please leave them in the comments!



Well, I think that's all for this week's State of the Artist update here on Planet Kit.

I thank you for joining me again this week! Feedback is the food which fuels the creative discussion between Artist and Audience, please, feel free to comment or leave suggestions for new projects!


If you enjoy seeing posts of new or in-progress artwork, please consider a donation.

Become a patron of the arts!





Feel free to post links to this journal/community if you feel there might be interest in my artwork!

No comments:

Post a Comment