Monday, December 2, 2013

State of the Artist 12/2/2013

View halloo, all!


It's another Monday here on Planet Kit, and so it is time again for the State of the Artist update!

In the realm of "when it rains, it pours," I have been sidelined on the couch (or in the bed) with a pinched nerve right smack between my shoulder blades. As such, I've been slowed down by some pretty restricted movement. I'm getting stuff done, I'm just a lot slower than I prefer to be, especially at this time of year. that said, the December Monthly Postcard has already been finished and ordered, so those are already on their way!



Weekly Words

If you cannot find peace in yourself, it is useless to look for it elsewhere.
- François, Duc de La Rochefoucauld, 1613 - 1680



Current Project

Right now (since the December Monthly Postcard was actually finished a little early YAY!) the current project on my plate is working up the 2013 Holiday Card.

The request post is still open HERE and will remain open until Thursday, December 5th, 11:59pm Eastern Time. So, if you'd like a card and haven't put in your request yet, there is still time!

Requesting a card is simple, you must leave your mailing address in the linked request post ONLY as the comments there have been screened for privacy. If you've requested a card in the past and would like one this year, please leave your address in the linked post.

Please, be aware, there will be NO unsolicited cards mailed. The comment count in the request post allows me to count how many cards I need printed and where they will be mailed. Last year's project resulted in over $180USD in postage *alone*, and the count for this year has already passed last year's record of 350+ requests. (Definitely a surprise, given how I shortened the open request post time!)

Given the sheer number of cards requested and the increasing cost of this project, this will be the LAST year I undertake this project without a required payment or a crowdfunded kickstarter. While I am immensely pleased so many people out there enjoy receiving original art postcards for the holidays, I'm sad to say, that I simply cannot afford to keep doing this out of pocket.

If you'd like to make a donation to help fund the production of the 2013 Holiday Card Project, please click on the donate button at the bottom of this post. Thank you!



Monthly Postcard Project

The October Monthly Postcard Project original is now available for purchase!



October's suitably spooky original is ink, marker, white pencil, and white ink on toned paper, measuring 5.5"x8.5" and is available for $30USD + shipping ($6USD domestic / $9USD international.) Please email silvertales[at]gmail[dot]com with "October 2013 Monthly Postcard Project original" in the subject line if interested.



Near Future

The Near Future sees me scrambling to finish my Holiday Card original (eep!) and getting everything ready on the homefront for holidays with the family, which means lots of food and lots of general Cuban craziness! :)

There's also pre-planning for January's Sketch-A-Day project (yikes, where does the time go?!)



Well, I think that's all for this week's State of the Artist update here on Planet Kit.

I thank you for joining me again this week! Feedback is the food which fuels the creative discussion between Artist and Audience, please, feel free to comment or leave suggestions for new projects!


If you enjoy seeing posts of new or in-progress artwork, please consider a donation.

Become a patron of the arts!





Feel free to post links to this journal/community if you feel there might be interest in my artwork!

No comments:

Post a Comment