Monday, February 17, 2014

State of the Artist: 2/17/2014

View halloo, all!

I'd hoped to have the first Work-A-Week piece done today, but too many Real Life things have conspired against me... I am working on it, though, it's just not done. -_-;;;

That said, I have actually been drawing little doodles every day since the end of the Sketch-A-Day Project last month. These are much smaller, rougher sketches, about half the size of my Sketch-A-Day drawings and much quicker, less detailed sketches.

I thought I'd post them up for you!


In order to reduce the amount of posting (unlike the Sketch-A-Day Project) I'll be posting these once a week in batches instead of every day. My goal is to complete at least one sketch every day for 2014, leaving me with 365 sketches by the end of the year... let's see how well I can stick to the plan! *fingers crossed*

Today will be the heaviest of the Daily Doodles (as I've come to call them) posts, as I've been drawing for two weeks without posting any of them. On with the show!

I don't know that there is all that much to say about any of these, but feel free to ask questions if you're curious about any of them!

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

Some of these were inspired by the prompts posted by the Sketch_Dailies twitter account, and others were simply whatever struck my fancy. If you've got prompts or ideas, please, leave them in the comments!!

Some of these may end being developed into Monthly Postcard Project images or new, full-size, full-color finished works in the future, who knows! For now, they're just exercises to keep me drawing every day.


Well, I think that's all for this week's State of the Artist update here on Planet Kit, I hope to have the first Work-A-Week Project piece finished soon!

I thank you for joining me again this week! Feedback is the food which fuels the creative discussion between Artist and Audience, please, feel free to comment or leave suggestions for new projects!


If you enjoy seeing posts of new or in-progress artwork, please consider a donation.

Become a patron of the arts!





Feel free to post links to this journal/community if you feel there might be interest in my artwork!

2 comments:

  1. Bunny! Bunnybunnybunny....
    Have I mentioned that I like the bunny? I do.
    Not sure if I have mentioned The Mysteries of Harris Burdick to you before, the boat on the cloud reminded me of some of the images from that book. Also a good book for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bunny! The bunny on the rock or the jackalope? I've got rather a soft spot for the jackalope, myself. :)

      No, I don't think I've ever heard of it, I'll have to look into it!

      Delete