Monday, March 3, 2014

Massive Update: 3/3/2014

View halloo, all!!

I am so very sorry for the lack of update last week! I was experiencing some pretty severe Technical Difficulties with both Photoshop and my computer in general, which slowed down my update and posting schedule of both the Work-A-Week Projects and the Daily Doodle batch posts.

But, things seems to have been resolved... I say seemed, since with computers, you never really know! So, I'll just get started! This is a pretty image-heavy post, so I apologize for that, too!


Daily Doodle Batch #2:

This batch upload consists of the images from 2/15/14-2/28/14, next week's update should be back on schedule for the Daily Doodle batch uploads. *crosses fingers*

Work-A-Week 2014 Project

Work-A-Week 1 (Day 21)
Unfortunately, I forgot to take WIP pictures of the first of the Work-A-Week paintings... mostly because I actually started it three times before I was happy with how it was turning out. >.<





Original Painting: $300
11x17" Watercolor, ink, acrylic paint

The bulk of this piece is watercolor and liquid acrylics for the skin, hair, and nebula dress. The heavy body acrylic paint was used to add the bigger, bright white stars and clean up some of the liquid acrylic spatter that found it's way outside the lines of the dress. There's quite a bit of blank space above her, and I'm debating on including some text for the print version of this piece, added digitally... and maybe using this piece as a table banner for upcoming conventions!



Work-A-Week 2 (Day 28)
I do have a few WIP pics for this piece, and if people are interested, I'll post them, but I figured this update was going to be image-heavy as it was, so I'd leave them out.



Original Painting: $300
11x17" Watercolor

This piece was also enlarged to 11x17 and is completed entirely in watercolor, mostly Ultramarine blue, Payne's Gray, and a *tiny* bit of Burnt Umber. This is one of those concept images that keeps coming back to me, expanded and slightly different every time. While I do like this execution, I am sure I'll revisit it at least a few more times until I'm confident that I've gotten the concept behind the image to say what I want it to.

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

If you have any questions or comments about any of the Daily Doodles, please leave them in the comments below, I'd be happy to answer any questions!! As the Daily Doodles Project is continuing throughout 2014, please feel free to leave prompts or suggestions, there are so many more days to go!! :)


I thank you for joining me again this week! Feedback is the food which fuels the creative discussion between Artist and Audience, please, feel free to comment or leave suggestions for new projects!


If you enjoy seeing posts of new or in-progress artwork, please consider a donation.

Become a patron of the arts!





Feel free to post links to this journal/community if you feel there might be interest in my artwork!

2 comments: