Saturday, January 12, 2013

Sketch-A-Day 2013: Day 12

Day 12 offering posted!

This stopped being a "sketch" about thirty seconds after the idea took shape in my head... honestly, it still is a sketch, as I don't consider this finished, but it's far more refined than I'd usually do as a true preliminary for a finished piece.

As I noted during last year's Sketch-A-Day Project, the toned paper definitely encourages me to do more "complete" sketches, as opposed to the rough, directional lines I might ordinarily stop at if all I wanted was to get down the general idea.

So, here you go, one of nature's great dads (with some judicious leeway for anthropomorphic fantasy's sake): the seahorse. :)

 

If you enjoy seeing posts of new or in-progress artwork, please consider a donation.

Become a patron of the arts!

Feel free to post links to this journal/community if you feel there might be interest in my artwork!

No comments:

Post a Comment